Saturday 1 March 2014

MAC Dreaming Dahlia Lipstick Review & Swatches

Here we have the latest addition to my MAC Lipstick Collection - Dreaming Dahlia, which is part of the new Fantasy of Flowers collection. 



Dreaming Dahlia has a 'lustre' formula which means it isn't the most pigmented lipstick but it gives a lovely sheer wash of colour to the lips and it feels really nice and nourishing. I would describe this shade as a sheer coral-red, perfect for everyday wear and something I think would be perfect for the upcoming spring/summer! 

I personally find it a bit difficult to wear red lipstick during the day without looking a bit 'try hard' so this is the perfect alternative for me. I've had this lipstick for almost a week now and I've worn it every single day!

I'd say I get about 4 hours wear time out of this before it needs topping up which is typical of the lustre formula, but it is very easy to apply and comfortable to wear. In application it feels like a tinted lip balm which is perfect for applying on the go without a mirror and it looks lovely and glossy on the lips! 


I absolutely adore this shade, I think it's definitely worth the £15 price tag and it is a new favourite in my MAC Lipstick Collection. 
What do you think of Dreaming Dahlia? Let me know in the comments below.....

Linda x

P.S. I may have made another sneaky purchase from the Fantasy of Flowers collection so watch this space!

10 comments :

  1. Oh I adore the Mac range, love this colour too fab review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour all mac products are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad this was sold out already where I am but managed to get two shades from the Fantasy of Flowers collection, can't wait to see what you picked <3

    Donah @ Sweetjellybean.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a shame! I bought mine online so took a gamble with the shade choice but it worked out well! :) x

      Delete
  4. omg this is stunning , i have to add to my list x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review. The color is sweety peachy. I hope it can suit medium skintones too.

    ReplyDelete