Wednesday 8 January 2014

Kerri's top FIVE ways to stay motivated and positive!

2013 was the worst year I've ever had and that's not an exaggeration! I've never been one for the whole 'new year, new me' thing but after last year, something had to change, so I've come up with 5 things I'm going to stick to religiously in the hopes of being able to keep on top of everything :) I'll note them and then explain myself.

  1. Write a sort of 'to-do' list for the following day. I  am the worst for going to bed thinking about the 1238764385 things I have to do but haven't managed to get done. This results in me not sleeping and getting incredibly stressed. When I write all these things down I can think 'at least it's on paper and not in my head anymore and I can work through it'.
  2. Every evening, write down all the things you did that day. Write down all the things you did on that list you made the night before, this will allow you to focus on other things instead of going over what's been done. Also write down any thoughts and feelings, as a massive sufferer of anxiety this is a huge thing for me. Getting up and doing something every day, even if it's just reading a chapter of a book is really important, never waste a day.
  3. Find time at least once a week to focus on yourself. I always tell myself I'm going to get into a full routine of cleanse, tone, moisturise, exfoliate, paint my nails, tan, blah blah blah...but let's be honest, who has the time and really - who can be bothered? But once a week, without fail, I'll have a bath, a good scrub, condition my hair, use a luxurious body butter, maybe a face mask, paint my nails... all that good stuff. It really can make you feel so much better.
  4. Make an effort with a friend. I'm not the most sociable of people but I really do love my friends. Sometimes all you need is a good chat, the girls that contribute to this blog are absolutely amazing and I don't know what id do without them. You should never take your friends for-granted.
  5. Try and find something positive in every day. I'm bad at this but when I'm on a real downer I like to sit down and think about the little things that I enjoyed that day or things I'm grateful for such as, the good morning text from my boyfriend, a friend checking up on me, the fact I got my eyeliner perfect that day, anything at all! 
Share your tips in the comments :)


No comments :

Post a Comment