Friday 31 January 2014

I Shopped my Stash!

If you had read my last post on the Trevor Sorbie Volume Range here you would have seen that I've been in a hair 'rut', I've been the same with my makeup- using the same products for the last month or two and fancied switching it up! Instead of going and buying a load of new products -as much I would love to pay day isn't close enough so I decided to 'Shop my Stash' and switch my routine with items I already have.. 

Here's what I chose: 

Primer- Becca Radiance Primer RRP £32, I picked mine up from Fragrance Direct (I love this site!) for the bargain price of £5.99 as Becca are re-branding. Becca claim this primer illuminates and enhances the skin for a luminous complexion. It looks gorgeous when out of the tube, a silkly smooth pale gold colour with tiny flecks or sparkle in it. No glitter when applied to the face though or colour, just a smooth base.


Next I did my eyes- yep I make a mess so I do them at the beginning! Last year I bought all the Naked palettes.. they're so pretty but, I'm not so good with eyeshadow so they haven't got much love so far. On my eyes today I used shades from the Naked 2. I Lined my top lashes with Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner,So glad I picked up this liner it applies so smoothly! I actually bought in the last couple of weeks and also the new Miss Manga mascara from L'Oreal which I also used here, the tv ads made it so appealing and so far I really like it !


Foundation- I've gone back to Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow £25.50. I'm shade Ivory. I love it! The only reason I can think that I ever stopped using this was that I once again fancied a change. It's really lightweight and you don't need a lot to get a nice coverage, I applied it with my fave brush for foundation- the Real Techniques Buffing Brush .

Concealer- One of two products I didn't change up- Maybelline The Eraser Eye! Luckily I don't have many blemishes at the moment so mainly this is used under my eyes and it works fab, I blend it in with a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. If you're thinking of trying it read Nicola's review here !

I used the Bourjois Bronzing Primer to very lightly contour / bronze, I bought this when it came out and had barely got round to using it- eek! Such a nice product that smells yummy and so easy to work with.


Mac Well Dressed was my choice for blush, perfect shade for my skin tone and how I like to wear my day to day makeup I think. It is very pale and would be unnoticeable on some skin tones but has made me less afraid to wear blush daily! I finished off by using a tiny amount of MeMeMe Beat the Blues Pearl Pink Highlighter.




Last up I used Mac Steady Going Matte Lipstick, the colour is gorgeous but my lips are dry at the mo so to help hide that a bit I topped them with Lancome Colour Fever Gloss in 321 Dangerously Pink- I think they look fab together.   Finally I spritzed my face with the Kiko Cosmetics Make Up Fixing Spray, I bought this when I was in Paris last year and have been using it almost daily since but I keep meaning to do an order with them online as the prices are really reasonable! 


Let me know if you have switched up any of your products recently and re found your love for them!

Linzi
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment