Tuesday 26 November 2013

Forget Amoré this is Bioré

Earlier this year I went into hospital and because I had an operation I had to wear an oxygen mask and knowing me, I had a reaction to it and I've had a pretty ugly blemishy flair up on my cheek ever since and no special washed, treatments, gels have ever worked...until now.

The other week I was walking round the Trafford Centre and underneath the hideous halogen lighting my skin was looking dreadful, dull, pale, pores the size of altanta and this big cheek blemish. Well this killed my shopping buzz. I went into Boots with all intentions of spending a lot of money on something that would make me feel cleaner and stop my skin feeling, with lack of a better word, crap. When I was looking this one drew my eye, Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. It was only £4.99 and I liked that it was "blemish fighting" and it didn't use stupid words like "controller" or "reducer". So I bought it and now I love it. 


As you can see the blemish is very lumpy and can get quite red and sore. As Bioré has Salicylic Acid in it which helps get rid of dirt and build up and helps prevent further breakouts and black heads. It's also quite strong so it's only recommended to be used once daily. It is also quite drying so an oil-free moisturiser (I use T-Zone) is best used after.



Been using it for just over 2 weeks now and I have noticed so much of a change in my skin. It's lost it's dullness, it's looking cleaner and I can face myself in the mirror again. Yesterday I did a post on Mark Hill hair stuff and those pictures are 100% make up free, I hope you can see the difference too. 


Pros:
  • It's Cheap
  • It leaves you feeling clean and fresh
  • The bottles a lot easier to use than the squeezy tubes. 
  • It's simple, direct and straight to the point with what it is
Cons:
  • It is drying (but I know this is because of the ingredients that reduce the redness)
  • It doesn't smell fantastic (it smells fine just not like pink grapefruit or tea tree)

Bioré products are available from Boots, Superdrug and Asda and ranges from £4.99 to £10.99 and they have stuff to battle a multitude of skin battles from blackheads to blemish to pores. It's not fancy stuff but it does work. My skin's not felt this vibrant in months and I have Bioré to thank for that. 

Have you had success with a skin fighting product? We're always on the look out for new and exciting products to try!


Thanks for reading and for more of the latest news and reviews from the Beauty Hot Squad please follow us on Blog Lovin' 


12 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you have found something that makes you feel vibrant! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of these sorts of products leave your skin dry but I always think that's a tell-tale sign of it working :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great, glad you found something that works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good review, I'm glad you found something that helped you.

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review! your skin looks lovely and fresh! I think i might have to try this.
    xx
    www.havingababyandlivingathome.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh- have never tried but my skin is a wreck at the moment so anything is worth a try I reckon. Short of a spa day I think I'll seek some out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May have to try that. My post-pregnancy, hormone-raddled skin isn't playing nice at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you found a solution, may have to look at that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you have found something that works Kate. I don't really have any permanent blemishes ( I just blush as you know), but I know when you get a spot or something that it just feels rotten, it's really important to feel good about yourself and if this helps then that's fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab! I don't think I'd appreciate the drying in this cold weather though. My skin is already suffering! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your skin looks great! Haven't used any biore stuff for years, used to love the nose peels!!

    ReplyDelete