Tuesday 3 September 2013

Pretty In Pink ft W7 and Smooch Cosmetics

I recently got the chance to pick some products to create a make-up look with, when it comes to make-up I love pinks, mainly pink blushers and lipsticks so I decided to create a pink look which can be worn throughout the end of summer and into autumn, although really it can be worn any time of the year as I would wear it all year round, this is how I tend to have my make-up on a daily basis anyway.


I am a big fan of pink lipsticks so the first product I chose was obviously going to be a pink lipstick and it's one by W7's Go West called Pink Candy, I originally chose Powder Pink but they didn't have any in stock so I was sent Pink Candy which I'm glad of as it's such a lovely pink and identical to the Pink Friday Lipstick that Nicki Minaj launched with Mac so if you have always wanted to try that one then definitely get your hands on this W7 one as it's literally exactly the same I have tested it out for myself, it is also a lot like Mac's St Germain except W7's has more of a purple undertone. The lipstick is very luxurious and glides onto the lips very easily, it isn't matte it's just a very light consistency but very highly pigmented. It doesn't stay on the lips for very long but if you put a base onto your lips such as a lip liner or something for it to stick onto then it does last a lot longer. 


I had never tried Smooch Cosmetics before, I remember hearing about them at some point but that's it. I had a good look through the website and they have some really great products, I was looking for a pink blush to add to this look, I browsed through the blush section of the website and Sugar Rush caught my eye, obviously from online pictures you can't really tell what the colour is going to be like so I googled to see swatches and loved it instantly so I chose that one. When it arrived the first thing I fell in love with was the packaging, it's a lot like Nar's packaging, very simple yet nice. The blush is very highly pigmented so only a tiny amount is needed and it gives such a nice natural glow.


I put them both together and here is the look that I came up with, I love it as it's a really pretty girlie look which I always go for and it can be worn all year round and isn't over the top so would suit anyone really unless you aren't keen on pinks. I think to make this look a bit more autumn/winter you could maybe use Mac's Cranberry Eyeshadow in the crease or all over the lid and bronze up your face a bit more or maybe even contour. 

Overall I really love these products and for my first time of trying Smooch Cosmetics I am really impressed. W7's products are perfect if you're on a budget or are just after a bargain, they do some really great products. 

The Smooch Blusher is £8.50 and available to buy here
and the W7 Lipstick is available to buy from the Xtras website.
If you have tried these products before or have decided to recreate this look then do leave a comment below :)

Chantelle
x




No comments :

Post a Comment